Monday 4 June 2007

G13-one of the best times of my life

suddenly feel nostalgic
and longing to go back to college.
don't know why i suddenly find myself reminiscing about the past.
about what a great year i had in college.
and i wonder why I'm only beginning to blog about it now.
and even though SAM was stressful all year long, with all the common tests, assignments, endless homeworks, practical lab session, we still found time to hang out, bond with each other, watch movies. so much so we even became a family.
oh, my i really miss G13.

4th January 2005 was the first day of college. was scared, excited and apprehensive.
luckily i had two former classmates ( hong ping & peng loon) with me (heh. they left sam halfway) with me. i can't remember much, but on the first day, i was looking at a classroom full of strangers, whom I'll be learning with for a whole year. it was much more than that. we shared laughter, joy and sorrows.celebrated birthdays together. worked together as a class. went through exams together.

anyway, i remember the first "outing" we had. it was because our LAN class ended early. we went out to the coffee shop (which is now Starbucks) and had a drink and slowly got to know each other better.

me being me, at first felt kind of out of place. and took me awhile to get adjusted to my new environment. and started to love it. alot.
let me highlight a few memorable events =)


BBQ party at ailing's house.somewhere in march.
taking lots of pictures( we did that all year round!)
and playing taboo also i think.
i made some blueberry cheese tarts too.

and i did spend most of my time after classes hanging out in the library, cos i was too lazy to walk home and rather wait for my dad to pick me up (yes, I'm lazy. besides its dangerous isn't it?) oh, that was before beeling fetch me home (so nice of her =))
and i remember one day when i was in the library doing homework in one of the pathetic cubicles, v co and james came to disturb me. and they were so noisy, the librarian came and twist v co's ear!!hahahha!!

and the SAM charity fair was held on april 28. and our class did a game stall. the dancing thingy, and i made blueberry cheese tarts to sell also (with the help of few friends)
i think our class got second....
from the bottom

and yeah! JAMES'S birthday (30th April)..two days away from bio common test 2
ailing started collecting money to get him a gift. and somehow the list got into james's hands O.o
and Jane suddenly blurting out that we wanted to surprise him on his birthday....
so we went to his place early in the morning. although it wasn't a surprise....
and had breakfast together at burger king...

oh, and i also got my first experience...playing pool.
somehow, peng loon convinced me to play pool.
so a few of us went to asia club...and i TRIED to play. they tried teaching me..i can't remember much but all i know is that it was made super easy for me...erm by aligning the balls properly...hehe

*trying to go in chronological order*

oh, mid year exams, at the end of may, before a two week break.
went for a hospital attachment at DSH with beeling, mayn and alex.
didn't learn much. hmp.

not sure how many parts i'm gonna take. but i still won't be able to recapitulate all the memories of g13.
hm. didn't know i can be so sappy.
**to be continued**

No comments: