Saturday 1 September 2007

seafood at bagan hailam, port klang

to celebrate my mum's birthday (belated) and her retirement, my family and I went to eat seafood in klang on Merdeka Day!

BAGAN HAILAM SEAFDOOD RESTAURANT
NO, 56 BAGAN HAILAM
42000 PELABUHAN KLANG
SELANGOR
TEL: 0162329323

its quite complicated to get there. my dad went on and on, took turns and small roads..to finally get there.
its a quaint and a bit "kampung-ish" place with an "old-world charm"



the restaurant is in a wooden hut above the sea. nothing fancy, but the breeze is really nice.and the food is fantastic.and reasonably priced.




first on the menu. HAILAM MEE.
favourite among my family and i.
thick yellow noodles in gravy, topped with prawns, chicken pieces, shredded carrots and cucumber, sliced onion, fish cake, and lime. quite hard to describe the taste but its really good.and special.



this dish is their house specialty. Thai tofu.
crispy (but not oily) "tofu-poks" in sweet and slightly spicy Thai chili sauce, topped up with shredded cucumber and carrots and a generous sprinkling of crushed peanuts. yummy. all the ingredients go with each other very well.


next is fried squid. basically is sotong, dipped in batter and deep fried. nice and crunchy =)


this is the baked crab. its plain so can taste the sweetness of the crab. very meaty..and the shell was super hard..lol. and of course i get the crab's claw!


and a steam fish for my granny. just like any other fishie...with loads of ginger and garlic.


and the day won't be complete without taking photos!!


my big sister and mummy and me

my cousin and i...

cute little potted plants and cactus...

the six of us went and the bill was less than 120 ringgit....
overall rating..erm...8.5 out of 10!

No comments: