Tuesday 1 January 2008

happy new year!!!

its the first day of the new year, and i sort of feel obliged to blog.
2007 has been a great year...
it started off with horrid CVS exam on the 5th january...
it was so tough, but it did made me realize that system course would be much tougher than foundation work and that nothing should be neglected. lesson learnt the hard way...
after that, was the ever so successful E3 camp, where we had lots of fun and i had the opportunity to "act" as anna, the maid that was *gasp* murdered
and January was also the month of reunions with college mates and high school friends..
February...the start of our first ever rotation. i was in group G, the last group, together with Bee Ling and James. heh. so lucky, I've never been in the same group with them for anything before..our first visit to KKB, not as scary as i expected, got to know more people in IMU, people that i've never spoken to before :P had fun dinner outings and BBQs and girly talks..not to mention some drama as well...
February 14..valentines day..no need to go into details..hehe
march..the start of semester 3..packed with activities.like orientation and stuff..
nothing much, aside from studying, occasional outings, dates..
well, there were few major changes in my life (not directly, but you get the idea)
but I've learned to cope with it. we all do, eventually..
then of course, the semester 3 EOS. gosh, it was such a stressful time for all of us. and my parents went for a tour to UK and to my sis's graduation in Glasgow. without me. i complained and whined so much.
but then again, I'll get my chance someday and besides, hey, i did survive without mummy and daddy for almost a month! though it was difficult, studying sort of help me take my mind off it...
and i also chose this moment to start my bloggie =)
and during this period, without my friends..i don't know how it will be like. you know who you are. thanks for all your support, phone calls and words of inspiration.
i'm getting so emo, la.
then the long well deserved break...enjoy to the max! muahahah
except that i always wished that James wasn't so far away!
then we started semester 4! the so called honeymoon year..
and i was involved in one of IMUs largest fund raising event (is it?) the IMU charity Run/ carnival 2007 committee. lots of hard work but the reward (of raising funds past the target) was so satisfying.
and IMU cup where we won 2ND place overall..so so proud! and cheer leading got 2nd place!
but i can't help feeling wistful, cos i never did contribute anything and this was our last IMU cup. oh, well.
endocrine, repro, and renal flew passed...
how fast time flies...

NOW ITS 2008!
have to go back to IMU tomorrow, after our 2 week plus break
and in a few weeks time start rotations and we're year 3 medical students already. so much more is expected of us *shudders*
no, no new year resolutions for this year.I'll take it one at a time. cross the bridge when i come to it
I'm sure 2008 will yet present itself with lots of challenges and difficult choices and many changes.but what is life without these?
with my family by my side and my best friends and my special someone around me, i hope all things will turn out just fine, just as the way it should be.
(am i being too optimistic??LOL)

happy new year 2008!

No comments: