Saturday 2 August 2008

my 21st with my dearest

it was my 21st birthday and my dearest James celebrated my special day with me.
I have to mention that this is the VERY first time I get to celebrate my birthday with him because every year at this time he will be back in miri cos its the semester break.
and the birthday in SAM, taylors is not counted cos we weren't together yet.
so, thank you so much dear. for staying back so you can celebrate with me :)

the day started off with me dragging James to the Russ warehouse sale, where we spent one hour plus cos the queue was so long. bought some pretty wrapping paper, gift bags and some figurines (for my new room in seremban. hehe)

then we went to the curve for lunch and a movie at cinelesuire. watched Batman: TDK. which was superbly good. had to wait for my bday to watch this cos James insisted.well, it was worth the wait:)


a photo together during lunch at La Gourmet house, the curve

me with my mushroom aglio olio. packed with mushrooms and chili flakes (my two most favourite food, aside from chocolates) and lots of herbs. was really good except it was too oily

ice cream from IKEA. i shared it with james. don't get the idea that im a greddy pig. hahah

gifts: earring hanger (nice beady "handbag" with feathers even!) and a pair of blings that i picked out from Ikano and that he insisted on paying. yay, more space for my earrings :) got one pair from alicia and another from evelyn. yes, I'm an earring addict :P
our shared passion: books. its quite sometime since i read a Lurlene McDaniel book and was eyeing it in the bookshop that day. and him being so observant got it for me. hehe. he even called up my sis to check if I've read that title or not by reading out the book's synopsis. how sweet is that?? and a chick lit book, little black dress series. and yes, i have "digested" both books.. and the cutest gift, a bunny bookmark. so so so adorable ^_^

and something that i made him fall in love with (ok, not really fall in love. just made him like it more) CHOCOLATES, from the chocolate lounge in One Utama. the one I'm looking forward to is the CHILI chocolate. have yet to try any yet, no heart to eat..they all look so pretty..
James with the chocolate fondue from baskin robbins. don't know which one is more tempting :P

the fondue set. pure indulgence. 16 mini scoops of ice cream, all assorted flavours-green tea tastes kinda weird. there was also multi coloured sorbet and more familiar flavours like jamoca almond fudge, chocolate and stuff. there were also bananas, grapes, kiwi fruit, brownies and cakes. YUMMY. a must try for all dessert lovers. it will be even more special if you're celebrating something. can't afford (in terms of cash and also putting on weight and oh! the guilt!) to eat it just for fun

me with the first birthday card. a carat card with a rhinestone studded handbag. i know i love bags alot too. and shoes. earrings. dresses..lol :P there is also a second card that reads...

SELAMAT HARI JADI, untukmu yang istemewa. hahah. shall not say anything more!
opened all my gifts while having dessert. which was a very good idea :) and each present had a "story" to go along with it. perfect way to end the date

a very random photo. spot the NOT! its the moose, which is Caryn's key chain among all the bunnies. hahah

and when i went home, mummy surprised me with a full size cake from secret recipe! cos we normally have 4 slices to share to celebrate birthdays..chocolate indulgence, my favourite flavour some more! hehe.

can't put our family photos cos mummy is in the pj's LOL.


a big thank you to my dearest family.. all the prezzies and sms/facebook wishes from my friends..and to my moosemoose..muaxxie!! my 21st birthday was really special and i shall remember it for a long time to come:)

No comments: