Friday 9 November 2007

friends

they make your life colourful
they make you smile when you are down
they come from all walks of life but somehow you can relate to them.
b.f.f
best friends forever.

let me tell you about some of these people that has really made a difference in my life.
hmm..my first memory of my best friend was back when i was in primary one
(sadly i can't remember my days in kindergarten)
first day of school was naturally scary for some kids. including me.
i remember feeling lost, apprehensive and all i wanted was my mummy.
and then there was this sweet girl who was sitting next to me. she was all calm and composed and being friendly to me and trying to cheer me up.
and so began our friendship.
we spent lunch time together, sometimes joining the others in a game of "ice and water" or jump rope and stuff like that (ah~ the good old days!)
but we also had a "world of our own"
being very creative and imaginative, we named and describe places all around the school, giving them elaborate names and all. i remember there was this netball/basketball court and there was a few little palm trees at the sides. we pretended they were different island and would visit one everyday.
if I'm not mistaken, we also made up our own "language"
and i was a sensitive kid back then (still am, but less now) and i got easily upset when things go wrong. she was always there for me.
there was once i missed my school bus, and was already in tears. she waited for me until someone came to pick me up and assured me that everything was going to be fine.
we were in different class the last three years of primary school, so we didn't get to see each other often. and sadly, we went to different high schools.
we did keep in contact with each other, writing snail mails, posting greeting cards and all. but we soon got too busy with our lives and started to fall out.
well, we met up again during Chinese new year and she has changed so much! in a good way! although, regretfully, we can't be as close as we were before when we were kids..she will always be my very first best friend!

part two soon to come.
don't know why i'm getting so nostalgic!

No comments: